It is the goal of Merriam Music to provide a healthy, safe, secure and respectful environment for all campers and staff. All campers are expected to follow the behaviour guidelines and interact appropriately in a group setting. Please review the following Behaviour Guidelines and Program Rules with your child(ren). Your co-operation is greatly appreciated and will help provide a safe, fun, and respectful environment for all campers and staff.
Camp Behaviour Guidelines and Program Rules
● Campers are expected to participate in all camp activities, follow the directions of the camp staff and stay with their camp group at all times.
● Campers must be respectful, honest and considerate of other campers, staff, volunteers and guests.
● Campers must be respectful of Merriam School of Music property, property of other campers, staff or guests.If a child does not follow the behaviour guidelines, the camp staff will take the following steps:
- 1st occurrence – Staff will redirect the child to more appropriate behaviour.
- 2nd occurrence – The child will be sent to see the Camp Coordinator or School Manager to be reminded of the behaviour rules and parents will be notified by way of an incident report or phone call.
- 3rd occurrence – Parent will be contacted immediately by the Camp Supervisor and asked to pick up their child.Merriam Music Camps reserve the right to ask a parent to pick their child up early, temporarily suspend the child from the camp program or expulsion from the program in extreme cases with no refund.
The following are zero tolerance behaviour and will result in the immediate suspension from the camp program with no refund:
➔ Using profanity, vulgarity, obscenity or acting in a lewd manner.
➔ Use of alcohol or drugs.
➔ Verbal or physical abuse of other participants or staff.
➔ Stealing or damaging Merriam Music property or personal property of other campers or staff.